Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Roaming again!





Roamy went roaming AGAIN! This caterpillar just doesn't learn. I found him on a petunia flower to the right of the milkweed stalk. This time when I put him at the top of the milkweed he immediately headed straight down the stalk. He did all sorts of acrobatics. Even though Katie is not happy about this my prediction is that if any of the caterpillars doesn't make it Roamy will be the one. He keeps going places that are not safe for caterpillars. Once he gets off the milkweed he gets so confused and doesn't seem to make it back without human help. After roaming for awhile he settled in to a curled up leaf. Here's hoping he stays put for the night.

3 comments:

LK said...

Ok,Roamy definitely wants to leave "the nest" or "milkweed". Maybe he doesn't realize that in a short amount of time he will have his wings. I know...you should show him pictures of what stages come next to help prepare him. I bet that'll get him to slow down, stay put, and eat so he can get big and strong;-)

Nancy Dain-Cooper said...

Right now-- 1:35 PM molting has slowed him down. I am sure that as soon as his new skin dries he will be back to his wild rogue ways!

lois said...

I am amazed at the photographs! They are so professional! I am anxious to continue to hear the adventures of these adorable creatures.