Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Caterpillar Nursery





I was on the porch reading when I saw a Monarch butterfly flutter by the rail. It moved quickly from milkweed to milkweed. I was able to snap one halfway decent picture before it flew away. My parents now have 11 Monarch caterpillar eggs on their milkweed stalks. Ok-- some of them are over the gate in the neighbors yard, (I'm hoping they don't mind me in their yard.). While looking for the eggs I was surprised to find 2 little caterpillars. The little one didn't surprise me but the bigger one did. I am naming them Oo and Ah because that is what my thought was when I saw them. Oo is the small one and Ah is the bigger one.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I grew up on a small'hobby farm'(just 7 acres and various livestock) and loved country plants - including milkweed ! Could you save me some seeds I might try to plant? I would love to be a part of those funny striped clown caterpillars' needs !