Friday, July 4, 2008

New Home




The caterpillars made the 2 1/2 hour trip up to my mom and dad's home in Northern Indiana. They live on a lake where I grew up. It is cooler up here so the caterpillars have to come in at night. My parents have milkweed in their flower garden, (only because I threatened my dad with his life if he cut down the stalks--he also humors me like my husband), and there is a Monarch caterpillar egg on one of the stalks. Their milkweed looks slightly different up here. It has bigger leaves and beautiful purple flowers on top. I will have to research the different varieties of milkweed. I may have to bring some of that milkweed home with me and try planting it. My dad was making fun of my "Central Indiana city caterpillars" being up here in the North.

No comments: