Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blowin' in the Wind





The wind was very strong yesterday. The milkweed was whipping back and forth so hard that poor Homebody was thrown from the stalk 3 times. You know how he likes to stay at the top of the milkweed. I guess that is not a good place to be when the wind is blowing hard. Katie and I rescued him each time and then decided it was time to cut the milkweed and bring them inside. We are leaving to go up to my parents home for the month of July and we shall take them with us. They are very happy to be inside out of the wind. When I was cutting the milkweed a baby praying mantis went running along the sidewalk. Now that really helped make this decision easy because praying mantis love to eat caterpillars and butterflies. I knew that the preying mantis were out there because I saw them hatch out of their cocoon in May. Hundreds of them in my window trapped between the screen and window. I will be continuing the blog while on vacation. We should be getting close to having the caterpillars form a "J" and then their chrysalis. Hey! Did you see that you can vote for your favorite caterpillar?

No comments: